Miami Innovation Fund is a seed-stage and early-stage venture capital fund.
We’re looking to invest in entrepreneurial teams with big ideas and a need for seed capital to turn their ideas into great companies.
We are willing to invest in unproven teams attacking unproven markets with unproven solutions. We’re not interested in teams that are creating the 100th solution to the same old problem or companies who are trying to improve things by only 10 or 20 percent. We will provide funding to the most promising local start-ups, including recent graduates of the numerous incubators that are now prevalent in South Florida.
On a more tactical level, the characteristics of the companies we invest in are:
• Sectors: information technology, interactive marketing, media and telecommunications (this includes all mobile device applications, and business service and application software across most vertical industries)
• Funding: Seeking seed or early investments from $50,000 to $100,000
• Geography: South Florida
• Business model: requiring less than $1,000,000 to reach break even or sustainability
If this sounds like your company, please send us your executive summary. Before you send your summary, please review the following material:
• Critical Factors for Obtaining Funding
An overview of the critical factors for success in raising venture capital.
• Writing a Compelling Executive Summary
A summary of the key elements of an effective executive summary, including a list of typical mistakes.
• Perfecting Your Pitch
A guide to crafting your investor presentation, including a detailed framework and tips on effective pitching.